The researchers at the Institute of Comparative Law have a comprehensive expertise in the areas of company law, insurance law and bankruptcy law, as well as an excellent knowledge of the development of legislation and practice in Serbia, the surrounding countries, and the European Union, thus providing the private sector with multiple cross-checked information and informed advice.
The Institute has prepared dozens of advisory papers in relation to the establishment and closure of commercial entities, including banks and insurance companies.
Some of the issues we have been working on successfully are:
– selection, application and interpretation of the applicable law for national and international agreements in the economy sector;
– company establishment regulations and procedure in Serbia and abroad, and selection of appropriate company organizational forms;
– ensuring compliance with labor laws and compulsory social insurance regulations in other countries;
– drafting of by-laws to be adopted under the jurisdiction of the company;
– treatment relating to bankruptcy, reorganization and liquidation procedures.