The Institute of Comparative Law was founded on July 16, 1955 by a decree of the Federal Executive Council, signed by the then President of the Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia, Josip Broz Tito. The Institute of Comparative Law became operational on January 1, 1956.

Backgorund

Recent news

Milica Matijević attended a winter school on the future of work in Brussels

27-31 January 2020 In January 2020, Milica Matijević (PhD), Research Fellow of the Institute of Comparative Law, has attended Winter School “Four Dimensions of the Future of Work”, organised by the Centre for Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels.

Read more

Online Discussion on Serbian Translations of the Council of Europe’s Standard-Setting Documents in the Field of the Rule of Law

17 December 2020 More than 30 members of judicial profession, including judges, prosecutors, lawyers, legal scholars, civil society activists and journalists have taken part in the online discussion titled Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?. The discussion elaborated on the four new publications containing standard-setting documents in the area of the rule of law developed by various Council of Europe bodies and through jurisprudence of European supranational courts. The Council of Europe partnered with the Belgrade-based Institute of Comparative Law in bringing about four publications with texts previously mostly unavailable in Serbian language.

Read more

Events

Sorry, there is no child pages under your selected page.

Supported by: